|Minimum Order Quantity
|Am Pencil Tag
An AM (Acousto-Magnetic) pencil tag is a type of security tag used in retail stores to prevent theft and reduce inventory shrinkage. It is specifically designed to be attached to items such as clothing, accessories, and other merchandise. AM technology is based on acousto-magnetic resonance and works in conjunction with AM security systems installed at store entrances and exits.
Here are the key features and aspects of an AM pencil tag:
1. Acousto-Magnetic Technology: AM pencil tags use acousto-magnetic technology to create a resonating circuit within the tag. This circuit interacts with the detection systems at store entry and exit points.
2. Pencil Tag Design: The name "pencil tag" refers to the shape of the tag, which is typically elongated and slender, resembling a pencil. This design allows the tag to be easily attached to various items, such as clothing, without causing damage.
3. Attachment and Removal: AM pencil tags are attached to items using a locking mechanism that secures the tag around an item's fabric or packaging. They require a specialized detacher tool to remove, ensuring that only authorized store personnel can deactivate them.
4. Detection Systems: AM security systems consist of detection antennas installed at entry and exit points. These antennas create an acousto-magnetic field that interacts with the resonating circuit in the pencil tag. If a tagged item with an active tag passes through the detection zone without being properly deactivated, the system triggers an alarm.
5. Alarm Activation: When a tagged item passes through the detection zone, the AM security system triggers an alarm, alerting store personnel to the potential theft attempt. This helps prevent shoplifting and unauthorized removal of items from the store.
6. Deactivation: At checkout points, AM pencil tags are deactivated using a specialized deactivation pad or plate. This step ensures that customers can exit the store without triggering alarms for their purchased items.